ThanksgivingPosted: November 29, 2011
How was your Thanksgiving?? Ours was pretty good. My work scheduled enabled me to have an extended break which was nice. By Sunday though I desperately needed to get out of the house. I spent most of Thursday cooking which was nice. We managed to do just enough so it felt like Turkey Day but not so much that it was overwhelming. On our menu:
- Sausage Stuffing with Fruit
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- Apple Crumb Pie
- Turkey Breast – nothing too special here just herb butter (rosemary & thyme) and lots of basting (every 10 minutes for the last 45 minutes). 5 pounds went for about 2.25 hours total (30 minutes at 425 and the remaining at 350).
- Gravy – store bought (trader joe’s)
- Mashed Potatoes – done by my mother in law; basically your standard recipe but we added in some garlic-parmesan olive oil
- Pumpkin Chocolate Tart – made by my mother in law and we adapted it from these two #1 and #2
We really enjoyed each of these treats. Some were proven to be excellent breakfast choices while others delicious standalone lunches.
Carver and I really enjoy the turkey-stuffing combo. In fact we often have it outside of that fourth Thursday of November. I think it is safe to say that we will make it again in our new house this January.
Meanwhile enjoy some other photos of our holiday.